Housing and Residential Life
Tool Free Bed User Guide
Congratulations on receiving your furniture! Tool Free beds offer ultimate flexibility and ease of use. With eleven bed heights and multiple arrangements, you can setup and rearrange your bed just the way you want it and design creative ways to maximize your space.
The bed deck can mount at 11 different heights. To adjust your bed deck height:
- Bed must be on the floor and not bunked or loft
- Remove mattress.
- Start with either the headboard or foot With two hands, grab center of bed deck and lift to disengage metal teeth from the pin channel. Re-engage metal teeth into pin channel at new height. Tip: to ensure both side rails are engaged at the same height, count the pin channels from the top.
- Repeat action with the other si
- Mattress can now be put back on the
To bunk your beds:
- For lower bed, adjust the bed deck to desired height by following instructions For upper bed, remove guard rail and adjust the bed deck o desired height by following instructions above.
- With mattress still removed, position lower bed frame where you would like to have your bunk
- Insert steel pins in each of the four bed posts
- Place the upper bed on top of the lower The steel pins provide a secure connection at each post. Tip: two people must be used to bunk the beds.
- Double check that all steel pins are securing the two beds together at each bed post.
- Mattresses and guard rail can now be put back on the
To loft your bed:
- Remove guard rail and adjust the bed deck to desired height by following instructions above.
- Position the loft kit where you would like to have your bed.
- Secure the stabilizer rail by sliding the lock mechanism into the pin channel. Tip: install the stabilizer rail in the third and sixth pin location(s) from the top of the headboard channel for most stable application
- Insert steel pins in each of the four bed posts.
- Place the bed on top of the loft kit. The steel pins provide a secure connection at each post. Tip: two people must be used to loft the bed.
- Double check that the steel pins are securing the two beds together at each post.
- Mattress and guard rail can now be put back on the bed.
- To unloft your bed, remove bed from loft kit. Disengage the slide lock mechanism on stabilizer rail and remove from loft kit. Tip: Always use two people to unloft bed.
Minimum effort is required in the care for your Tool Free Bed, as the ultra-violet cured finish is much harder than conventional finishes. The finish provides superior resistance to a wide variety of common liquids that stain or damage other finishes. Most dirt, grease, pen marks and liquid spills can be removed with liquid dishwashing detergent.