Housing and Residential Life
Residential Technology Assistant
Become a Residential Technology Assistant
Help your fellow Cougs stay up and running! We will soon be hiring Residential Technology Assistants (RTAs) for the 2021-2022 academic year. Check back soon for a link to apply.
RTAs help students in the residence halls troubleshoot common tech issues, including internet and TV streaming access, educational technology, mobile devices, getting the most out of my.wsu.edu, and printing. RTAs are expected to have a thorough understanding of the WSU wireless network and a working knowledge of the current version of Windows. A working knowledge of Apple MacOS, Android OS and iPadOS is also desirable. The successful RTA is friendly, outgoing and has a strong desire to help others.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50 and a minimum semester GPA of 2.00 based on credits earned at WSU
- Status as a full time student, carrying a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Ability to attend pre-service training as outlined in the application
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
- Reside in on-campus housing
- Work an average of 15 hours per week
- Serve as a liaison between residence hall residents/staff and central Information Technology Services (ITS) to assist in reporting and resolving network issues within their area of responsibility
If you have any questions regarding this application or the selection process in general, please contact Nichole Goodwin in the Department of Residence Life at (509) 335-1227 or by e-mail, email@example.com.
Washington State University Department of Housing and Residence Life is now hiring Residential Technology Assistant (RTA) positions for the Residence Halls at Washington State University! RTAs assist Residence Hall patrons with technology issues ranging from configuring their devices for network access, using various educational technologies at WSU, selecting and utilizing mobile devices with the campus network, getting the most out of my.wsu, Coug Prints, Mobile Printing, etc.
RTAs are expected to be accomplished at working and living within the WSU ResNet environment. RTAs must also have a working knowledge of the latest Windows operating systems. A working knowledge of Apple MacOS, Android OS and iPadOS are desirable. A successful RTA should be friendly, outgoing and have a strong desire to help others. The ability to provide good, comprehensive and friendly customer service is a requirement for this position. Find the 2020-2021 Terms of Appointment Here
Applications for the 2021-2022 will be open during the spring 2021 semester. Check back later for updates on the process.
Please find the application here:
If you have any questions regarding this application or the selection process in general, please contact Nichole Goodwin in the Department of Residence Life at (509) 335-1227 or by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org